cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Krulewitz" <sh...@myrealbox.com>
Subject RE: MS Word Transformer
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:31:01 GMT
> 1/ You could try using the Office's new XML capabilities (I think it's
> called Xdoc) and therefore just serialize into another XML document (only
> for Office 11).

You can also produce "Office HTML", which is what Office uses when you save
a document as HTML.  It isn't pretty, but it works, and you can retain most
of the original formatting though standard and Microsoft's proprietary CSS.
The best way to do it is to create a Word document to use as a template,
save it as HTML, turn it onto valid XML and integrate it into a XSLT
stylesheet.  You can even save the files and .doc or send it to the browser
with the application/msword content-type and Word will open it without a
problem.  This works with Office 2000 and XP.  I don't know about newer or
older versions.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnoffxml/ht
ml/ofxml2k.asp

cheers,