cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Ramsdale" <jefe...@earthlink.net>
Subject SQLTransformer & InterSystems Cache
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 01:33:03 GMT
On the off chance someone has tried to connect the InterSystems Cache
database to Cocoon, I thought I'd ask for some assistance here...

I've taken the SQL Transformator (transformator?!) sample and replaced the
hsqldb datasource with InterSystems'.

Here's the error I receive:

----------

Hello
This is my first Cocoon2 page filled with sql data!

[SQLCODE: <-30>:<Table or View not found>] [Cache Error:
<<SYNTAX>errdone+10^%qaqqt>] [Details: <FLoop - func = PP>] [%msg: <
SQL
ERROR #30: Table `SQLUSER.DEPARTMENT' not found>]

----------

Changes made to accomodate Cache:

1) Added to web.xml:
        <!-- Cache Driver: -->
        com.intersys.jdbc.CacheDriver

2) In cocoon.xconf:
   a) renamed "personnel" datasource to "personnel-old"
   b) added:
       <jdbc logger="core.datasources.personnel" name="personnel">
          <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
          <dburl>jdbc:Cache://127.0.0.1:1972/TEST</dburl>
          <user>TestUser</user>
          <password>test</password>
       </jdbc>

The TEST database exists in Cache, and I added the user and checked
permissions.

Should I expect this to work without further changes?

I can use Cache's SQL Manager tool and it doesn't look like the table is
ever created or populated (makes sense, given the error message). I imagined
table creation would occur upon the occasion of one of my page requests but
I haven't quite figured out at what point this would be. Would appreciate a
pointer...

Thanks,

Jeff