cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sonny Sukumar" <ahimsad...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: new Request for internal map:redirect-to's?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:16:02 GMT

Alright, I tried logging the hash codes of the Request instance within the
first pipeline, and then in the redirected to pipeline, and the hash codes
are always different.  Moreover, it doesn't look like HttpRequest overrides
the hashCode() method (looking at the Cocoon API docs), so it's probably
just based on memory location or something.  This is probably a good
indication that the objects are different (and hence contain different
info), since the object probably wouldn't be moved just for a redirect.

In any case, it kind of sucks to resort to storing the things in the session
that I only want to persist for the duration of the request and then have to
delete them.  It seems to me that if request params can be preserved for an
internal redirect, then why not request attributes as well?  Of course, I
might not be seeing some design issue, but it'd be good to know *what* I'm
not seeing. ;-)

Let me know what you think,

Sonny