cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sonny Sukumar" <ahimsad...@hotmail.com>
Subject how to set default Session settings?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:29:12 GMT

What I'd like is to tell Cocoon or Tomcat in some config file that I want
each Session instance I create to automatically (by default) have a timeout
of 4 hours.

I use request.getSession(true); in dozens of places throughout my
application, and I don't want to have to configure the session each time, if
a session is being created for the first time.  This isn't good design,
since the rule "sessions should time out in 4 hours" in scattered all over
in dozens of places.  I also don't know for which pages a new session will
need to be created, since I can't count on people always entering through
the homepage.

Thanks,

Sonny