cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sonny Sukumar" <ahimsad...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is this an endorsed lib problem?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:51:04 GMT

>From: "Jon Bedworth" <jonbedworth@hotmail.com>
>To: users@cocoon.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Is this an endorsed lib problem?
>Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:10:28 +0000
>

>Sonny Sukumar wrote:
>
>>I now have those 3 jars in 4 different places:
>>
>>1.) $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed
>>2.) $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
>>3.) $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib
>>4.) $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed
>
>I would suggest removing all jars except those in
>$CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed. The problem may have arisen because you did
>not delete the ones in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib.
>
>With a single set of jars in $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed I now have
>Cocoon 2.1 running in Tomcat 4.1, JDK 1.4.2, Win2K.

Thanks for the tip, John.  Everything I read said "copy" and not "move," so
I did just that.  Anyhow, I upgraded to Tomcat 4.1.27 and Cocoon works (so
far at least) without copying or moving anything.  I'm not sure why that is.

Do you guys think some strange problems might arise down the road if I don't
move it?  If figure it works, then I shouldn't mess with it. :-)