cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sonny Sukumar" <ahimsad...@hotmail.com>
Subject More Tomcat troubles...
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:55:15 GMT

I'm trying to access http://my.server/admin/fetchSomeFile but Tomcat keeps
me a HTTP Status 404 error saying "The requested resource
(/admin/fetchSomeFile) is not available"

I don't have any "/admin" context defined (and I commented out that "/live"
context I've been trying to make work), so I just have the default ""
context which Tomcat should choose.

Then I have this Cocoon matcher:

<map:match pattern="admin/*>
  <map:read src="myapp/{1}.htm"/>
</map:match>

But the important thing is that Tomcat isn't invoking Cocoon.  It seems like
Contexts (in server.xml) were created to handle doing these kinds of things,
yet I can't seem to make them work for any purpose.

Could it have something to do with sevlet mappings in web.xml?  The default
URL pattern that comes with cocoon matches "/", but would that cover this
case?