cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.1 Poratal (poratal-fw) problems
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:09:09 GMT
Hi,

at least the first exception has been fixed in the current cvs,
so I suggest you to try that out (if you want to use a released
version, then you can savely only exchange the authentication
and the portal-fw blocks).

Carsten
-----Original Message-----
From: agoke funmilayo [mailto:funmiagoke@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 4:52 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Cocoon 2.1 Poratal (poratal-fw) problems

Dear cocoon Gurus,

Please help me,

Details:
Cocoon version: 2.1
Platform : Windows 200 Proffessional
Servlet Container: Tomcat 4.1
Exceptions:
  1.)  java.lang.NullPointerException
       at
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.PipelineAuthenticator.au
thenticate
  2.)  java.lang.IllegalStateException
       at
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.PipelineAuthenticator.au
thenticate
   You can not lookup components on a disposed component locator

These are the error messages that have been bordering my life since I
configured the cocoon 2.1 portal (portal-fw) framework on August 15.

What makes the error more baffling is the fact that:
   1.) It works perfectly after every new installation of cocoon and
configuration of the  portal (portal-fw). But after shutting down and
restarting my system, my cherished cocoon will no more work until I
reinstall cocoon and reconfigure portal.
   2.) no specific information about this problem even in the FAQ.

PLEASE HELP.

Do you Yahoo!?