cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Skladovs, Victor" <Skla...@his.de>
Subject AW: IE6: Can't open dynamic PDF from applet
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:15:35 GMT
Hi

No, I'm not using https ...
My cocoon instructions in sitemap look like this:

<map:match pattern="table.pdf">
	<map:generate type="serverpages" src="xsp/table.xsp"/>
		<map:transform src="stylesheets/xml2fo.xsl">
			<map:parameter name="view-source"
value="xsp/table.xsp"/>
		</map:transform>
		<map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
</map:match>

The most important - I can't understand why it works with proxy nad
doesn't work without proxy.
It seems like IE wants the pdf file to be cached anywhere?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Beat De Martin [mailto:beat.demartin@gmx.ch]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. August 2003 17:10
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: IE6: Can't open dynamic PDF from applet

Hi
It might not be exactly your problem but I had problems with dynamic
generated pdf and proxies as well.

My dynamic generated pdf's have been cached by the proxy which I didn't
for
obviuos reasons. What I did was the following. In my sitemap I have a
match
like <map:match pattern="*.pdf* > ...
And the my pdf-link I created dynamically like
http://myserver/cocoon/table_XXX.pdf
where XXX is a kind of unique ID (e.g. timestamp)

So my pdf's will never be cached !

Another problem I had was using https and dynamic pdf's, but you're
using
https aren't you ?

Are setting the content-length ?

Cheers