cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Skladovs, Victor" <Skla...@his.de>
Subject AW: IE6: Can't open dynamic PDF from applet->Furher Details!
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 06:50:09 GMT
Hello again!

Here are a few results of my "investigation" on this topic:

1) I'm using Tomcat Basic Authorization with JDBCRealm (Tomcat 4.1.18).
Cocoon is protected in web.xml like this:
<security-constraint>
		<web-resource-collection>
			<web-resource-name>Cocoon</web-resource-name>
			<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
		</web-resource-collection>
		<auth-constraint>
			<role-name>*</role-name>
		</auth-constraint>
	</security-constraint>
	<login-config>
		<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
		<realm-name>Cocoon Login</realm-name>
	</login-config>

If I open my IE and type in URL:
http://icelande.his.de/cocoon/hello.pdf

then after authentication  IE says it a site CAN NOT be opened.

if I simply click the link "Hello.pdf" that contains the same URL -  It
works!

Everybody can test it! Please try it! icelande is in Internet.

User: guest
Passwort: test

2) All this works without problem, when I TURN OFF THE TOMCAT
AUTHENTICATION for Cocoon!

Any explanations and ideas?

Thanx!
Viktor