cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Skladovs, Victor" <Skla...@his.de>
Subject AW: IE6: Can't open dynamic PDF from applet
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:24:59 GMT
Thanks to everybody for your answers!

This trick with ending .pdf doesn't work too!
I don't use https.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322ptm@yahoo.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. August 2003 20:22
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: IE6: Can't open dynamic PDF from applet

Skladovs, Victor wrote:
> Anybody of the community must have faced this problem, I believe.
> Are there workarounds for this problem? Why does it work with proxy
> (cache?)?

Check whether the Cocoon pipeline is exexuted multiple times for the
request, and fails after the first time. Check also
    http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#iex-servlet-multiple
That's also often the reason why retrieving PDF over HTTPS fails.
It may help to use
  applet.getAppletContext().showDocument(
   "http://myserver/cocoon/table.pdf?par1=1&par2=2&e=.pdf");

J.Pietschmann

It seems like all these solutions relate to the old isuues of Cocoon (I
may be wrong!), when it was not possible to see PDF documents even from
html page.
But in Cocoon 2.0.4 I'm using this is not a problem. All formats (pdf,
excel) are being shown perfect. In my html page there stands a link
"http://myserver/cocoon/table.pdf?par1=1&par2=2" too and all works fine.
But when I try to open it from an applet using the method
getAppletContext().showDocument(), I receive always the same error
message, and all these solutions (ending with .pdf etc) don't help. The
only hint to this problem I think is that it works with proxy. Why? What
does the proxy do that it works?
Any ideas are highly appreciated!

Regards,
Viktor Skladovs