cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Miguel Carvalho" <mig.c...@mail.telepac.pt>
Subject RE: problem creating a new transformer
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:11:51 GMT
hmmm...

i've started this project begining with an example "chello", but i also
downloaded and tried the cocoon version 2.0.4, perhaps that is why i
confused it.

In the libs directory of the project there is a jar cocoo-2.0rc2.jar, maybe
this is the version. Sorry for the confusion.

Miguel Carvalho

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Dumon [mailto:bruno@outerthought.org]
Sent: quarta-feira, 6 de Agosto de 2003 13:00
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: problem creating a new transformer

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 13:56, Miguel Carvalho wrote:
> Hi, i want to create a new transformer that gets sax events from a XSP
> Generator created by me.
>
> i'm using cocoon 2.0.4 under a XP with java version 1.4.1_03.

<snip/>

> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
> ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> request-uri
>
> /dae/daestart
>
> original exception
>
> Original exception : java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.serialization.AbstractTextSerializer.startElement(Abstract
> TextSerializer.java:271)
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.startElement(AbstractXMLPipe.java:87)
> 	at

pt.laseeb.dae.transformer.daeTransformer.startElement(daeTransformer.java:11
> 6)
> and it goes on... :(

I have just checked the source of cocoon 2.0.4 and the line 271 of the
AbstractTextSerializer is outside of the startElement method, which
conflicts with what your stacktrace is showing. Are you sure you are
using version 2.0.4, or have you maybe made changes to those sources?