cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anuja Gokhale <Anu...@manh.com>
Subject Writing my own Producer to generate dynamic XML
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:21:37 GMT
Hello,

My application needs to read information from a DB plus do other stuff and
then have this displayed in different views. For this, I was planning on
writing a Producer that generates my XML and then defining XSL transformer
to operate on this dynamic XML.

Here are my questions:
1) Should my producer implement the AbstractProducer interface (even though
I may never use the HttpServletRequest and response objects to generate my
XML)
2) Where do I define my producer for cocoon? In the sitemap?
3) How can I ensure that this Producer gets called when I need to get my
dynamic XML data?

-Anuja