cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Clark" <Chris.Cl...@teranet.ca>
Subject RE: Has anyone run default config under Windows XP?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:56:18 GMT
Thanks.

I figured it should work.  At least now I can tell the MS guys that my problem isn't because
it's an Open Source product. :)

window came up and reported that it was listening.  When I tried to do http://localhost:8888/samples/
I got a timeout error. (Think it was http 500.)

> > I've got a LAN at home based around a USR 8000 cable router.  I also can't connect
to the router's configuration page (http://192.168.123.254 get a 504 error) under XP but from
an NT box I can.  USR says "If you can get to the Internet, then the router is fine."  Microsoft
says "Can't possibly be XP, must be the router or that Open Source stuff.  Since it's not
WHQL certified, bugger off".  (Or words to that effect.)

> > I've having trouble isolating the problem so if anyone has successfully run Cocoon
under Jetty on a networked XP box, I'd like to hear so that I at least know that it should
work.  :)

> > To keep this on-topic for the list, I'm only asking if anyone has experience with
this configuration--I'm not soliciting networking troubleshooting tips.