cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Clark" <Chris.Cl...@teranet.ca>
Subject RE: Calling Java classes from (JXForms) javascript - can you? how?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:41:58 GMT
I figured it out!  Just in case anyone else needs to know...

1) use Packages.dir.dir.class
e.g.

var MyClass = new Packages.com.domain.name.MyJavaClass();

2) The directories messed me up a bit.  For Java actions, the class files default to WEB-INF/classes.
 In order to get the javascript to run, I had to put the package directory under my sitemap
directory.

e.g.
Sitemap in:
c:\cocoon-2.1m2\build\webapp\myweb

Class files in:
c:\cocoon-2.1m2\build\webapp\mywebb\com\domain\name

Took a bit to figure it out, but it's working now.  :)

so I think you can do, but my javascript skills aren't at the point where I can figure out
how.