cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kieran Kirwan" <KKir...@dto.ie>
Subject Cocoon not able to read external URLs.
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:32:38 GMT
My setup of cocoon doesn't appear able to read external URLs.
This is the first time I've tried to do this on our network.
Hence I just get an empty HTML page when I run the Yahoo screenscrape.

   <map:match pattern="yahoo">
    <map:generate src="http://www.yahoo.com" type="html">
      <map:parameter name="xpath" value="/html/body/center/table[1]/tr[1]/td[1]"/>
    </map:generate>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/news/news.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

I've simplified it down to just generate and it's the same

   <map:match pattern="yahoo1">
    <map:generate src="http://www.yahoo.com" type="html">
    </map:generate>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

It's not a proxy server issue or something???

Can anyboby help??

Kieran

Kieran Kirwan
Executive Transportation Planner
Transportation Modelling Department

Dublin Transportation Office
Hainault House,
69/71 St. Stephen's Green,
Dublin 2,
Ireland.
Tel: +353 (0)1 4778113
Fax: +353 (0) 1 478 5935
website: www.dto.ie <http://www.dto.ie/>
the system manager.

Mail Marshal for the presence of computer viruses.