cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Cedric Picard" <C.Pic...@kainos.com>
Subject RE: AW: IE6: Can't open dynamic PDF from applet
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:33:34 GMT
Hi,

It might also be worth adding a logger to the serializer definition:

<map:serializer name="pdf"
                src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
                mime-type="application/pdf"
                logger="sitemap.serializer.pdf"
/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Beat De Martin [mailto:beat.demartin@gmx.ch]
Sent: 06 August 2003 16:30
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: AW: IE6: Can't open dynamic PDF from applet

Hi
Do you set the mime-type ?

<map:serializer name="fo2pdf" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer" mime-type="application/pdf"/>

What version of Cocoon and fop do you use ?
Did you try it on http://localhost as well (without any proxy) ? Check the IE cache, delete
everything ! Cheers

> Hi
>
> No, I'm not using https ...
> My cocoon instructions in sitemap look like this:
>
> <map:match pattern="table.pdf">
> 	<map:generate type="serverpages" src="xsp/table.xsp"/>
> 		<map:transform src="stylesheets/xml2fo.xsl">
> 			<map:parameter name="view-source"
> value="xsp/table.xsp"/>
> 		</map:transform>
> 		<map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
> </map:match>
>
> The most important - I can't understand why it works with proxy nad
> doesn't work without proxy. It seems like IE wants the pdf file to be
> cached anywhere?

Beat De Martin
Zurich, Switzerland

This e-mail is confidential and is intended for the named recipient only. If
you receive it in error please destroy the message and all copies. Kainos
Software Ltd. does not accept liability for damage sustained as a result of
malicious software (e.g. viruses). Kainos does not accept liability for, or
permit, the creation of contracts on its behalf by e-mail, the publication of
any defamatory statement by its employees by e-mail, or changes subsequently
made to the original message. The Company's registered office is located at
4-6 Upper Crescent, Belfast, BT7 1NT, Northern Ireland, Tel +44 28 9057 1100.