cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Cedric Picard" <C.Pic...@kainos.com>
Subject RE: jndi datasource lookup from cocoon 2.0.4 on weblogic 7
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:46:37 GMT

	From: Grange, John [mailto:john.grange@bluefinger.com]
	Sent: 08 August 2003 11:29
	To: 'users@cocoon.apache.org'
	Subject: FW: jndi datasource lookup from cocoon 2.0.4 on
weblogic 7

	Has anybody any thoughts on this one?

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Grange, John [mailto:john.grange@bluefinger.com]
	Sent: 06 August 2003 09:01
	To: 'users@cocoon.apache.org'
	Subject: jndi datasource lookup from cocoon 2.0.4 on weblogic 7

	I am trying to get the j2ee jndi datasource lookup working under
weblogic 7, without success.  My xsp page fails with a null pointer
exception in EsqlQuery.java:99 and produces a malformed xml document (no
closing tags)

	Has anybody else had this problem - if so, how have they
resolved it?  If this is not the correct list to report this to, can you
please let me know where to report it.

	It appears (looking in the excalibur code) that java:comp/env is
prepended to the jndi name when performing a lookup, this is not
required under weblogic, and as such fails if it is included.

	The following code DOES NOT work under WebLogic
	Object obj =
ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/"+"myDataSourceName");
	The following code DOES work under WebLogic
	Object obj = ctx.lookup("myDataSourceName");
	My setup configuration is as follows:
	cocoon.xconf:
	        <datasources>
	                <j2ee name="reportDataSource">
	                        <dbname>jdbc/reportsDS</dbname>
	                </j2ee>
	        </datasources>
	web.xml:
	        <resource-ref>
	       <res-ref-name>jdbc/reportsDS</res-ref-name>
	       <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
	   </resource-ref>

	weblogic.xml:
	<weblogic-web-app>
	        <description>
	                Cocoon App
	        </description>
	        <reference-descriptor>
	                <resource-description>

<res-ref-name>jdbc/reportsDS</res-ref-name>

<jndi-name>com.lv.jdbc.oracle.ReportsTxDataSource</jndi-name>
	                </resource-description>
	        </reference-descriptor>
	</weblogic-web-app>

	John Grange
	Software Team Leader
	Tel: +44 (0) 1749 834922
	Email: john.grange@bluefinger.com
	BlueFinger Limited
	Underwood Business Park, Wookey Hole Road, Wells, Somerset, BA5
1AF, UK
	Tel: +44 (0) 1749 834900
	Fax: +44 (0) 1749 834902
	Mobile: +44 (0) 7876 038058
	web: www.bluefinger.com
	Company Reg No: 4209395 Registered Office: 2 Temple Back East,
Temple Quay, BRISTOL. BS1 6EG.
	*** This E-mail contains confidential information for the
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this
communication if received in error. No binding contract will result from
this e-mail until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of
the company. BlueFinger Limited cannot accept responsibility for the
completeness or accuracy of this message as it has been transmitted over
public networks.***

--

This e-mail is confidential and is intended for the named recipient only. If
you receive it in error please destroy the message and all copies. Kainos