cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Justin Makeig <li...@makeig.com>
Subject Caching of aggregate parts
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 08:33:29 GMT
I have a table of contents (TOC) document that is being aggregated with an
XML instance document for each page request. For example, when
http://mysite.com/Instance is requested, the sitemap aggregator generates a
document that looks like:

<Page>
    <TOC/>
    <Instance/>
</Page>

where TOC and Instance are loaded from the file system using
map:aggreate/map:part.

This system allows me to use XSL keys instead of the document function to
reference elements in the TOC making the transforms speedy and cacheable.

The TOC document is around 50K and growing arithmetically. Since the TOC is
generated at design-time (not run-time), I would like to cache it so that it
doesn't have to reparsed for every request. Is this possible? Is it already
being done with map:aggregate? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

- Justin Makeig

--
Center for Document Engineering
University of California, Berkeley