cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robert Simmons <Robert.Simm...@norcom.de>
Subject AW: Cocoon 2.1 with Jboss 4.0.0DR2
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:28:53 GMT
That wont work. The famous class loader bug.

Cocoon creates its own classloader and does not see the classloader from the
application server. I have reported this bug months ago and hoped it would
be fixed by now but apparently it isnt. You have to deploy all your jars
WITH cocoon in order for it to work. Annoying but true.

-- Robert

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Geoff Howard [mailto:cocoon@leverageweb.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. August 2003 04:15
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Cocoon 2.1 with Jboss 4.0.0DR2

Yogesh wrote:
> I am a newbie in Cocoon and trying to deploy Cocoon 2.1 as webapp under
> "default" jboss configuration. I get following error whereas same
> deployment works with standalone tomcat 4.1.24 installation with no error.
> Development environment :
> Windows 2000 with PIII 700 MHz and 512 MB RAM
>
> FYI, I had deleted following jars from cocoon.war/WEB-INF/lib folder as
> they were already available with Jboss 4.0.0DR2 :
>
> 1. castor-0.9.4.3-xml.jar
> 2. hsqldb-1.7.1.jar
> 3. velocity-1.4-dev-20030301.jar
> 4. commons-collections-2.1.jar
> 5. xalan-2.5.1.jar
> 6. xml-apis.jar
> 7. xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar
>

> The exception stack trace looks like:
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\tools\jboss-4.0.0DR2\server\default\tmp\deploy
> \server\default\deploy\web-console.war\63.web-console.war (Access is
denied)

If you really want to remove those jars, try using the extra-classpath
init-param in web.xml (probably commmented out by default) to point to
jboss's versions of those jars.

If that fails, try putting them back.  The results of each of these
would be helpful if you still need to pursue the issue further.

Geoff Howard