cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <Sylvain.The...@swisscom.com>
Subject RE: XMLForm Deprecated?
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:23:24 GMT
>Not yet

Is it planned?

My situation is that I'm going to finish the developement of my project based on XMLForm and
I'm asking me this question: do I have to migrate to JXForm and how long does it take?

Thanks
Sylvain

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Geoff Howard [mailto:cocoon@leverageweb.com]
Date: jeudi, 28. août 2003 17:11
À: users@cocoon.apache.org
Objet: Re: XMLForm Deprecated?

Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:
> Is there a document that explain how to migrate from XMLForm to JXForm because lot of
people (like me) still use XMLForm.

Not yet.  Everyone interested in this topic should note by the way that
XMLForm is deprecated because it died at a community level.  Normally
the deprecation process  includes a lot more planning, back compatible
support, etc. but that was just not possible in this case because of the
circumstances.  The successors therefore are lagging behind where they
nornally would but will catch up.

Geoff