cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Neil <n...@snapbuild.com>
Subject I want Dynamic transforms, can someone help me?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:08:10 GMT
I work for a company that has a web service. I do development for that web
service.

We have currently run into a stumbling block. We are using cocoon on our
web server and when a user requests a page it is dynamically generated by
our backend server as xml. We want the web server to use a different
transform depending on the value of a single tag in the xml or a directive
in the xml. We also want these transforms to be separate so that if there
is an error in one the rest are still functional, aka not to compile them
into one big transform. We also want cocoon to keep as many of these
transforms precompiled and in memory as demand seems fit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The pipeline seems to only allow for either always using the same transform
or selecting one based on a request parameter but we need it to select
based on a response value.

We are using a custom generator to send a request to the backend server and
receive a response to pass down the pipeline.

I would appreciate anyone's help.