cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: installing cocoon 2.1 from source code
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:12:35 GMT
אורי כהן wrote:
> Hi and good day to you all!
>
> I am using the binary version of Cocoon version 2.0.4 for JDK 1.4.
>
> My server is the Apache Jakarta Tomcat version 4.1.27.
>
> My database is MySQL version 4.0.13 using the JConnector driver version
> 3.0.8.
>
> My computer’s operating system is Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional.
>
> I am trying to install Cocoon version 2.1 from source code by compiling
> the source using Jakarta “Ant” with the commands: “.\build.bat
> –Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp”.
>
> As a result of the compilation a folder called “build” is created and in
> it are the folders “cocoon-2.1” and “webapp”. In the folder build should
> be a file called “cocoon.war” but it is not there. It tried searching
> the entire build directory and couldn’t find it. What needs to be done
> in order to create this file? The cocoon website documentation states
> very clearly that the command I entered is the command I need in order
> to create the “cocoon.war” file.
>
> Any help is welcome and greatly appreciated, god bless…

The build process has changed significantly since 2.0 and you are using
2.0 procedures.  Read the INSTALL.txt in the 2.1 directory and the
install instructions at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/

The short answer about building a war, is just do "build.bat war"  the
include.webapp.libs is no longer necessary.

Geoff Howard