cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jan Warnstam <jan.warns...@euronetics.se>
Subject Wildcard (**) and nested hierarchy - problems
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:11:09 GMT
Hello once again, list members

I am now trying to use '**' matching in a pipeline with nested matchers
and actions, and I am getting strange errors that can only be described
as an endless loop when Cocoon tries to evaluate the pattern token
matched. The code looks like this:

<map:match pattern="foo/**.xml">
   <map:act type="indice" src="user:validateSession">
     <map:select type="parameter">
       <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test" value="{result}"/>
       <map:when test="success">
         <map:generate src="foo/{../1}.xml" />
         <map:transform type="xslt" src="foo/article.xsl" />
         <map:serialize type="xhtml" />
       </map:when>
       <map:when test="error">
         <map:call resource="error"/>
       </map:when>
       <map:otherwise>
         <map:redirect-to uri="../login" />
       </map:otherwise>
     </map:select>
   </map:act>
</map:match>

It all works if I define the path down to the last directory and only
leave the final filename to a '*' match, but as soon as I try to use
wildcards for the path as well (like in the example above) the resulting
path that is sent to the generator looks like

"cocoon/foo/foo/foo/foo/foo/foo/foo/foo/..."

Is this a known problem? Or should we search the reason in our Java
authentication methods? (The authentication system works well in all
other situations except when using '**', so I don't think it is that
which is being the problem, but you can never be sure either...)

Thanks for any possible help!

Yours
  Jan Warnstam
  Developer