cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject TraxTransformer Caching (was: basic form tutorial)
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:16:47 GMT
> The benefit of this is that all parameters are available to your
> stylesheet automatically, but there is a side-effect with respect to
> caching to consider.  With use-request-parameters, the pipeline is
> cached for every combination of all your request parameters which you
> may not want.  Say you use param1=value1&param2=value2 where this
> pipeline only uses param1 and another pipeline (aggregated or cincluded)
> uses param2.  With use-request-parameters, you will get a different
> cache entry for param1=value1&param2=value3 when you really don't need
> it.  Might not matter in your case, but something to keep in mind.
>
> Geoff

Hello Geoff,

are you sure about this? Is there any difference between using request
parameters and passing parameters from sitemap? I always thought that
the parameter values passed to the stylesheet will influence the
caching, but that's not true. I controlled it via the StatusGenerator.
There is only one object per stylesheet in the store.
Maybe it's different for request parameters.

Joerg