cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [SOLUTION] Acrobat Control ActiveX error
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:50:09 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> But I think I've fixed it now. Basically, it seems that when I type a
> pdf url into the address bar I get this error. But if I click on a pdf
> _link_, it works fine. Now isn't that bizarre?

IEx behaviour is bizarre most of the time. It constantly tries
to second-guess the intentions of the content creator, and you
can't never be sure what kind of (un-)logic is invoked to determine
the content type at some point, and to which component the content
gets redirected on mismatch.
To make it worse, the behaviour changes not only between official
releases but also for the different builds, which makes it hard
to predict the behaviour of one installation based on observations
from another installation from some other CD grabbed from a
random computer magazine.

J.Pietschmann