cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject [SOLUTION] Acrobat Control ActiveX error
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:06:06 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> Can you save the file to disk without using Acrobat (the typical
>> "save link target as ...") and try to open this file with Acrobat, so
>> that you circumvent the Acrobat browser plugin?
>

> Okay, I've just used the Perl 'lwp-request' utility to get the page to
> a file. And the file has a length of zero. Do you think that might be
> a problem? ;-)
>
> I guess I'd better fix that!

That was only a part of it, I fixed the file so that it displayed a PDF
correctly in Mozilla, but still IE played up.

But I think I've fixed it now. Basically, it seems that when I type a
pdf url into the address bar I get this error. But if I click on a pdf
_link_, it works fine. Now isn't that bizarre?

So I've just added links to the pages I want to see, and now I click on
them :-)

Regards, Upayavira