cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Timberlake <and...@ddd.co.za>
Subject Re: XML-Based Reporting Application, Design?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:16:12 GMT
Jeff

Just to drop an idea. If you are considering using servlets to abstract
your business logic from Cocoon, why are you constraining it to servlets.
Why not create standalone objects which handle the business logic and
then you can call them from Cocoon, Servlets, Applets, Applications...
Then you achieve the objectives you're looking for and have to write a
simple Generator to integrate into Cocoon.

Andrew