cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Timberlake <and...@timberlake.co.za>
Subject Re: 3 questions...
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:21:47 GMT
Sonny

Try walking the programming logic. Starting with
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.acting.LoginAction
and follow how cocoon deals with each step of the process.

One thing to watch out for is when you get code such as
manager.lookup(XXX.Role) this is referencing an Interface to which an
implementation class has been assigned within cocoon.xconf. An easy way
to identify the implementation class is to look for a class named in one
of three common ways:
<NameOfInterface>Impl.java
Simple<NameOfInterface>.java
or
Default<NameOfInterface>.java
and then continue walking the logic. This is a great way to figure out
how cocoon works internally which will help your use of cocoon considerably.

Sonny Sukumar wrote:
> Andrew, thank you for your time and effort to find the info below for
> me...it *is* proving helpful.  See couple questions below...
>
>> I'm not sure that a login tag is created. The temprary context should
>> contain an XML fragment which looks like the following:
>> <authentication>
>>     <failed/>
>>     <data>Any error message which was set by your authentication
>> handler</data>
>> </authentication>
>>
>> This I get from reading the few lines above the
>> SessionConstants.TEMPORARY_CONTEXT code I mentioned above.
>>

> Ahh, that's strange...the docs mention nothing about a <failed/> tag
> from what I read.  Is this just a tagging element of some sort?  I mean,
> is it just always an empty element that just signals the authentication
> failed?

I think it is just a flag. Remember that this block is providing a
generic process for handling authentication. Any block will try to
provide a solution for the common problem but you don't need to use it
to solve the problem in the way it was written specifically.
Example is that you need not check for the failed element to know that
the auth failed as the action will pass the processing onto your failed
pipeline fragment in which case, you simply need to retrieve the content
of the data element and continue.

Andrew