cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <obill...@rennes.jouve.fr>
Subject Re: How to use stores for persistence
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:43:17 GMT
Many thanks for your answer, Geoff !

Sorry for the late answer, but Friday was a public holiday in France... :)

On 15/08/2003 02:34, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Olivier Billard wrote:
>
>> Cool !
>> Thanks for your answer, it conforts me in my choice : I think I'll use
>> database mapping with maybe a custom MRU cache. But I'm afraid of the
>> time to reinstanciate objects from the database...
>

> If you will be storing whole objects you could give it a try I guess.

You meant a try to the cocoon store, I guess ?

> Just watch out for the cache clearing I mentioned before.  Currently the
> clear persistent store action (and the 2.1 event-based cache under some
> circumstances) are the only things that should do this, so it may not be
> a problem in your particular situation.

I think an independant store (reusing cocoon or excalibur components or not) would be
better for me due to these uncontrolable possible actions ...

>> PS : It reminds me that the excalibur cache component seems to be dead...
>
> This should be clarified a little.  There is I think an excalibur Cache
> project that I don't know anything about.

The cache is still on their online API, but no more on the CVS...

> But Cocoon's Cache is just a
> thin wrapper around the Excalibur Store project which we do use and is
> not dead.  It started out in Cocoon's cvs but moved to excalibur because
> it was judged to have general usefulness.  Not sure if this change was
> in effect at 2.0.4 or not.

... that did the excalibur cache component ?

--
Olivier