cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Released - binary??
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:14:40 GMT
Jay Freeman (saurik) wrote:
> Antonio:
>
> Currently you do because you only have a single cocoon.xconf file and a
> single sitemap.xmap (although, as mentioned on the dev list, there may be a
> hacked way around this using subsitemaps... I'm going to look into it some
> more tomorrow).

Subsitemaps are not a hack - it's the way sitemaps were designed to work
and a good way to separate your pipelines from the cocoon base sitemap
which may need to get over-written when upgrading cocoon.  As you've
discovered, sitemap components are inherited so all you need is to
replace the map:pipelines section in the default with one (or more)
which does a map:mount of your own base sitemap which can in turn have
sub sitemaps off of it.  The xpatch tool does this very nicely for me,
but you are very free to come up with another solution which works
better for you.  If you supply it in the form of a patch that can be
applied I'm sure it will be considered for use in future releases of Cocoon.

Geoff