cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: How to use stores for persistence
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:34:20 GMT
Olivier Billard wrote:
> Cool !
> Thanks for your answer, it conforts me in my choice : I think I'll use
> database mapping with maybe a custom MRU cache. But I'm afraid of the
> time to reinstanciate objects from the database...

If you will be storing whole objects you could give it a try I guess.
Just watch out for the cache clearing I mentioned before.  Currently the
clear persistent store action (and the 2.1 event-based cache under some
circumstances) are the only things that should do this, so it may not be
a problem in your particular situation.

Geoff

> Thanks again !
>
> --
> Olivier
>
> PS : It reminds me that the excalibur cache component seems to be dead...

This should be clarified a little.  There is I think an excalibur Cache
project that I don't know anything about.  But Cocoon's Cache is just a
thin wrapper around the Excalibur Store project which we do use and is
not dead.  It started out in Cocoon's cvs but moved to excalibur because
it was judged to have general usefulness.  Not sure if this change was
in effect at 2.0.4 or not.

Geoff