cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: forced caching of volatile data
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:54:53 GMT
Miles Elam wrote:
> I'm doing this from memory so bear with me.  I'm pretty sure this is the
> syntax in the sitemap pipelines section.
>

>    <map:pipeline type="caching">
>      <map:parameter name="expires" value="access plus 1 minutes"/>
>
>      <!-- Add your URI matchers below that you want to expire in the
> future -->
>    </map:pipeline>
>

> Upayavira is correct;  The functionality is there.  If it doesn't work,
> either my syntax was faulty or the build is broken.
>
> - Miles Elam
>

> Upayavira wrote:

>>> To my knowledge there is no way to do this with the current
>>> SQLTransformer.  You could extend the SQLTransformer to add caching
>>> support which would be quite trivial to do if you are really content
>>> to use such a simple algorithm as cache always for one minute.
>>>

>> In Cocoon 2.1 isn't there something to do with 'expiry' in the cache?
>> I remember some discussion about making it possible to set a pipeline
>> to 'expire' after x seconds, regardless of its content. Wouldn't this
>> sort this problem?

Are you certain this works with _uncacheable_ pipelines?  The pipeline
implementation I think only caches a pipeline up to the last cacheable
component whether you have set this expires attribute or not.  That is
there I think just for http header in the response for proxy
friendlyness.  If I'm right, since the SQLTransformer does not implement
Cacheable (or whatever) the pipeline will never cache it.

Geoff