cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: serving css and images
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 08:29:09 GMT
Ben Munat wrote:
> Thanks! The Cocoon Developer's Handbook doesn't seem to mention an xhtml
> serializer anywhere... frustrating.

The so called XHTML serializer is in Cocoon's main sitemap since 2.0.2.
It is maybe not mentioned because the book is too old (IIRC it reflects
the status of 2.0.1/2.0.2) or because it's only a configured XML serializer.

> And I wonder, does it only work with
> certain versions of cocoon? I'm running 2.0.4 and changed the serializer
> on that page to xhtml, but I still don't get a doctype and the mime-type
> is still text/html.

text/html is ok, it's configured so (have a look into Cocoon's root
sitemap) and it matches the spec. You should also get a doctype, don't
know why not.

> Oh, and the program I used to write the xsl stuck the fo ns in there...
> didn't even notice it... thanks.

Even if it is in the document, it should not matter until you validate
the page against the strict HTML spec, the validation against strict
XHTML spec should not claim about the namespace declaration.

Joerg