cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain FORET <fo...@rsbs.anu.edu.au>
Subject problem with the CLI
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:06:48 GMT
Hi all,

I'm very new to cocoon and i want to use it to generate a static web
site (thus the CLI).
I find cocoon great, and I really want to be able to use it without
mistakes.

My configuration is :
cocoon2.1rc1 (also tryed 2.1m3 with the same result)
jdk 1.4.1_03
linux debian woody 2.4.21

As a simple test I tryed the "html-pdf publishing" howto from the cocoon
website (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/howto/howto-html-pdf-publishing.html)
I build cocoon from source
Updated the classpath in the cocoon.sh script so that it finds the javax
servlet classes it needs
Created a html-pdf directory in build/webapp/ with : sitemap.xmap,
pageOne.xml, pageTwo.xml, doc2html.xsl, doc2pdf.xsl, xconf (see below)
Called the client with : "./cocoon.sh  cli -x build/webapp/html-pdf/xconf"

The pages are generated, but I get a series of NullPointerExceptions
that raise MalFormedURLExceptions  (see attached file for the full log).

I could not find any solution on this mailing list's archive or in any
cocoon docs (I also read the wiki on CLI)
I tryed to trace the origin of the problem in the source code, but got
lost :-)

What file is null and not found ?
Am I doing anything wrong when calling the CLI ?
Is there any problem in the way I created this simple site ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sylvain

My xconf looks like:

+----- cocoon.xconf -----+

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<cocoon verbose="true"
        follow-links="true"
        precompile-only="false"
        confirm-extensions="false">

<broken-links type="xml"
                 file="brokenlinks.xml"
                 generate="false"
                 extension=".error"/>

<logging log-kit="build/webapp/WEB-INF/logkit.xconf" logger="cli"
level="DEBUG" />

<context-dir>build/webapp</context-dir>

<config-file>build/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf</config-file>

<work-dir>build/webapp/work</work-dir>

<dest-dir>build/webapp/toto</dest-dir>

<default-filename>index.html</default-filename>

<accept>*/*</accept>

<uri type="append" src-prefix="html-pdf/" src="pageTwo.pdf"
dest="build/webapp/toto/html-pdf"/>

</cocoon>

+----- cocoon.xconf -----+