cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Database Reader exception
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:20:06 GMT
Vincent De Groote wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot make the databaseReader work correctly:
>
> In Cocoon-2.1rc1, source file DatabaseReader.java, a
> java.lang.ClassCastException is raised in the 'service' function, when the
> value returned by the manager.lookup function is assigned to the dbselector
> variable.  The value returned is not null.
>
> The database referenced works properly in other parts of the installation,
> so I suppose this is not the problem.
>
> Any idea why this error occurs ?
>
> Thank you

You'll probably need to send snippets of your config, sitemap, and stack
trace.  I think the DatabaseReader is used in one of the samples in the
database block to demonstrate file uploads to blobs using the
[input]ModularDatabaseActions.  It will require the hsql block built as
well.  Does it work there?

Geoff