cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Caching of aggregate parts
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 22:11:57 GMT
Justin Makeig wrote:
> <map:match pattern="initiatives/*/">
>  <map:aggregate element="Page">
>    <map:part src="xml/toc.xml"/>
>    <map:part src="xml/site/initiatives/{1}.xml"/>
>   </map:aggregate>
>   <map:transform src="xsl/xhtml/initiatives/initiative.xsl">
>   <map:parameter name="requesturi" value="/initiatives/{1}/"/>
>  </map:transform>
>   <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
> </map:match>

This looks cacheable to me, unless I'm crazy and map:aggregate doesn't
support caching  at all.  It should already be cached by default.  If
you still have the samples running, check the status page and see if
there is a pipeline key that looks like it matches.  It's not entirely
clear, but you should be able to make some intelligent guesses.

Of course this may be bad news if you are not getting good performance
from it.  If you turn logging all the way up to debug you should be able
to see a processing time difference between its first request (after
clearing the cache(s) or requesting with a new unique value of {1}

Geoff