cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: SourceWriter and Redirect problem
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 20:01:12 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> A redirect after a partial processing of a pipeline is not possible.
>
> Joerg
>
> Dirk Reiss wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> we have a problem with the following sitemap-part:
>>
>> <map:match pattern="metadata1">
>>     <map:act type="request">
>>         <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
>>         <map:generate src="website/metadatasql.xml"/>
>>         <map:transform type="sql">
>>                 <map:parameter name="use-connection"
>> value="smartframelom"/>
>>         </map:transform>
>>         <map:transform src="website/metaxmlout.xsl"/>
>>         <map:transform type="write-source">
>>                 <map:parameter name="serializer" value="xml"/>
>>         </map:transform>
>>
>>         <map:redirect-to
>> uri="http://www.smartframe.de:8080/authoringtool?submit&amp;object={identifier}"/>

>>      </map:act>
>> </map:match>
>>
>> In metaxmlout.xsl the relevant part is:
>>
>>   <xsl:template match="/">
>>     <source:write>
>>       <source:source>/tmp/torsten.xml</source:source>
>>       <source:fragment>
>>         <xsl:apply-templates/>
>>       </source:fragment>
>>     </source:write>
>>   </xsl:template>
>>
>> If we omit the redirect-part, the file is written using SourceWriter,
>> if we include the redirect-part, no file is created but the redirect
>> works.
>> We use cocoon2.1m3 and tomcat 4.1.24.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions in advance...

Just to add a little to that, it's been disallowed to encourage patterns
that work better within Cocoon.

Since you're using 2.1, I'd suggest using flow's processPipelineTo (or
whatever it's called now) to replace the use of the source writing
transformer.  After that you'll be able to redirect with flow or process
any full pipeline as you see fit.  I have an application that I am
starting to port to flow and am planning to do exactly that in a few places.

Geoff