cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: use my own configuration file for my avalon component
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:08:51 GMT
maisonneuve nico dijo:
> i would use a configuration file (myconf.xconf) and no cocoon.xconf to
> configure this components.. but i don't know how do this..

Hi:

It is very easy :)

1. You can edit your cocoon.xconf to "tell" him about your own config file
that address new roles:

<cocoon version="2.0" user-roles="myconf.xconf">
</cocoon>

2. Your myconf.xconf can define new roles, for example:

<role-list>
   <role name="com.my.components.myOwnComponent"
    shorthand="mynewcomponent"
    default-class="com.my.components.myOwnComponentImplementation"/>
</role-list>

3. Use your role inside cocoon.xconf:

<mynewcomponent>
   <parameter name="param1" value="value of param 1"/>
   <parameter name="param2" value="value of param 2"/>
</mynewcomponent>

4. Restart Cocoon.

5. Use this component as the others using lookup mynewcomponent.ROLE

Tha is all!

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo