cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Abolhassani <Hassan.Abolhass...@razorfish.co.jp>
Subject Re: HttpGenerator
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 02:11:57 GMT
There is a HttpProxyGenerator in Cocoon 2.1 blocks doing such thing.
However, it does not do exactly what you explained. It is possible to
set method (Get, POST) but I think no header processing is done.

I posted a message on it sometime ago explaining some problems I faced
with HttpProxyGenerator that I think mostly applies to your code too.
Therefore I post again here so that in case you are interested to
improve your code (or HttpProxyGenerator) consider them:

1- If the returned page is in Shift_JIS encoding (Japanese character set),
then processing is stoped and says some characters are not supported in
UTF-8.

I changed the source code and inserted something like following before
parsing of the result starts:

   inputSource.setEncoding("Shift_JIS");

This worked for me. However, it would be nice to have a configuration
parameter to allow this setting in sitemap.

2- If the result is in HTML but not XML format it can't proceed. I think
it is good idea to combine functionlaity of HttpGenerator (I mean
tidying the input) inside this generator too.

[However, I had same problems of encoding with HttpGenerator. So it
would be nice to resolve that problem too.]

3- When the result page has redirection I get an error on consule as
follow:

    INFO: Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled

I see in the source code something like this:

        this.method.setFollowRedirects(true);

However I don't know why it does not work.