cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Julian <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: MS Word Transformer
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 03:23:05 GMT
This sounds good, but still I feel html to be a bit
shaky with positioning elements properly for printing.
 I also like the ability to use xsl:fo and send it as
pdf or word.  Too bad the HSSF serializer does not use
xsl:fo, then you would never need to change your
stylesheets, just the serializers.  Besides, this
still does not sounds like a cross platform solution
that open office would accept, right?

Thanks,
-Julian

--- Conal Tuohy <conalt@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> You don't need to use special "Office" CSS - you can
> just serve an ordinary
> HTML page, with an ordinary CSS, embedded or linked,
> and Word will interpret
> it. The key is just to serialise the file with a
> mime-type of
> "application/msword". To do this, add a serializer
> to the <map:serializers>
> section of your sitemap and use it to serialise.
>
> e.g.
>
> <!-- serializer for producing HTML docs targeted at
> Microsoft Word -->
> <map:serializer
> 	name="word-html"
> 	mime-type="application/msword"

src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">