cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Re: SOAPHelper.java
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:08:18 GMT
Hi Scott,

You could parse the string into an XML document and use the normal
DOM API to query for results, have a look at:

http://avalon.apache.org/api/org/apache/excalibur/xml/dom/DOMParser.html
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/apiDocs/org/xml/sax/InputSource.html

or

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilder.html

They seem to let you parse a String as an XML document.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Marcus

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 06:33:21AM -0700, scott wrote:
> If you're writing a java class in cocoon, what's the best way to deal with a
> string of xml - ie instantiate what object to inspect the elements etc? e.g.
>
> http://neko.evolove.net/phpwiki/index.php/CocoonSoapJava
>
> Anyone care to help with the return type there? Essentially, I want a java class
> (such as "User" or "Customer" or whatever), to be able to quickly and easily
> make a soap call, get a return object, inspect the results and do stuff (like
> set attributes with return data.
>
> This is the last gotcha left for me, then I can actually start work on my
> web-app - so help is appreciated!
>
> cheers,
> scott

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: