cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <pmwilli...@praxiseng.com>
Subject [Help] Installing on JBoss/Jetty
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:04:34 GMT

Newbie question here.  I am beginning work on a project that I think Cocoon
will be a good fit.  I downloaded the latest source (2.1-rc1) and am trying
to get it deploying to JBoss/Jetty 3.2.1.  I built cocoon using JDK 1.4.1_02
and dropped the WAR file in a JBoss server directory.

I am having a few problems that I think are related.  When I first tried to
deploy cocoon, I was getting deployment problems.  During the deployment I
would get FileNotFoundExceptions when Jetty was trying to examine the
web.xml.  I fixed that problem by placing the cocoon.war file in a dir named
zCocoon in the deploy dir to ensure that cocoon deploy last.

Then when I launch the URL for cocoon I got an error telling me that hsqldb
was not supported in a WAR.  I then rebuilt with the hsql block turned off
and redeployed.

I now get the Cocoon welcome page, but anytime I try to access another page
I get more FileNotFoundExceptions when looking for the various xsl
stylesheets.  However, if I examine the location that when the xsl can not
be found I see that it is there.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this one.

Phil

BTW, Here is a typical trace:

Original Exception: org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException:
Exception in creating Transform Handler
	at
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandlerAndValid
ity(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:380)
	at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.setup
(TraxTransformer.java:302)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipelin
e(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:393)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.
setupPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:683)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.preparePipel
ine(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:507)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:469)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke
(SerializeNode.java:150)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invok
eNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke
(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invok
eNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke
(PipelineNode.java:164)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invok
eNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke
(PipelinesNode.java:161)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process
(TreeProcessor.java:327)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process
(TreeProcessor.java:309)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke
(MountNode.java:133)
[...]
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service
(CocoonServlet.java:1088)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle
(ServletHolder.java:360)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch
(WebApplicationHandler.java:294)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle
(ServletHandler.java:558)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1714)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle
(WebApplicationContext.java:507)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1664)
	at org.jboss.jetty.Jetty.service(Jetty.java:460)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:775)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext
(HttpConnection.java:939)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:792)
	at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection
(SocketListener.java:201)
	at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:289)
	at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:455)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: JAR
entry /docs/stylesheets/site2xhtml.xsl not found in C:\Tools\java\jboss-3.2.1
\server\noaa\tmp\deploy\server\noaa\deploy\zCocoon\cocoon.war\29.cocoon.war
	at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect
(JarURLConnection.java:95)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getInputStream
(JarURLConnection.java:105)
	at org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.URLSource.getInputStream
(URLSource.java:280)
	at org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.sourceToSAX
(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:393)
	at
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandlerAndValid
ity(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:311)
	... 40 more