cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Julian <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Confused About Perfomance Issues
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:20:19 GMT
Hi,

I have looked into this a few times, but am not
"getting it".

<question>
How can I configure/build Cocoon to
pre-load/pre-compile sitemaps before or during server
startup?
</question>

<scenario>
Every time my server is restarted Cocoon takes about
8-10 secs. to respond to requests to a given sitemap.
I believe this is sitemap compilation.  I have a few
sitemaps so this causes some serious lag time, albeit
on first request...afterwards all responds quickly.

jre 1.4.1, Cocoon CVS version, Tomcat 4.1.12
</scenario>

Thanks in Advance,
Julian

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam