cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Re: Processing AFTER a SOAP request is made?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 19:25:59 GMT
Hi Scott,

One approach could be to use your XSP page as a generator rather than as an
action in an action-set.

When it's a generator, the output from the soap query will be passed
through your pipeline and you'll be able to query it with all sorts of
components like selectors, transformers, or even flowscript, etc, for
your results.

Hope that helps mate?

Cheers,

Marcus

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 09:02:51AM -0700, scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a "login" process going, and I'm making use of action-sets and
> session-invalidator, session-isvalid actions also.
>
> However, in my action set, I have the following:
>
> <!-- handles both login and logout -->
> <map:action-set name="login-test">
> 	<map:act type="session-invalidator" action="Logout" />
> 	<map:act type="xsp-action" src="logic/soap-login.xsp" action="Login" />
> </map:action-set>
>
> The soap-login.xsp page handles the login when the user submits a form with a
> "cocoon-action-Login" submit button. Fine so far. Then, inside that .xsp page I
> use the SOAP logicsheet to try to authenticate with a back-end server, like so:
>
> <login-result>
>
> <soap:call
> url="http://10.233.37.26:80/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/soap/soap.w"
>         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
>         xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
>   <ns1:login xmlns:ns1="http://www.soapware.org/">
>
>     <username xsi:type="xsd:string"><xsp-request:get-parameter
> name="user"/></username>
>     <password xsi:type="xsd:string"><xsp-request:get-parameter
> name="pass"/></password>
>
>   </ns1:login>
> </soap:call>
>
> </login-result>
>
> This works. HOWEVER, I don't know how to process the results and either a - show
> some kind of "login failed" message, or b - get some data from the payload and
> store it in the cocoon session (the soap message returns some values that I need
> to remember).
>
> SO, how can I inspect the xml returned, and make a decision about what to do?
> It'd be nice if I could put use <xsp:logic> to check what's returned, create a
> session and store values, and set success, or just set failure. Then the pipline
> can handle where to go to then.
>
> Help please!
> thanks,
> Scott

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: