cocoon-users mailing list archives

From JonB...@aol.com
Subject UnnamedSelector Exception at cocoon startup
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:06:05 GMT
Hello,

Please can anyone help.

Having installed cocoon on Tomcat I  went to access the url:

http://locahost:8080/cocoon

and got the following exception:

type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector
could not find the component for hint []

description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not
find the component for hint []

sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServletsource Cocoon servlet

I have reloaded this, restarted tomcat etc, but I still get the same error.

This seem crazy as it implies that the default site map for cocoon is in
error. I have looked at the java source code for 'sitemap.xmap' and it appears
that the exception is thrown when configuring the sitemap (as it is thrown in a
method called 'configure'). Furthermore, this appears to have its roots in an
error generated by the Avalon component framework.

This happens before I have done anything at all to create an application or
reconfigure Cocoon. Therefore, am i to believe that Cocoon cannot find a
selector class that is referenced in the default site map, and if so why?

I am using Cocoon version 2.04 -vm 14 running on Tomcat 4.1.24 (using JDK
1.4.2) on Win2K.

Please help!

Jon