cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "McDonald, Bruce" <Bruce.McDon...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject Cocoon and Babeldoc
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:25:33 GMT
All,

I am an enthusiastic user of Cocoon (2.0, soon 2.1) and the project co-lead of Babeldoc.
Babeldoc is an EAI tool that some confuse with Cocoon.  However they are dissimilar in function
and approach.  The Babeldoc metaphor is the document/pipeline approach, which on the face
of it, is similar to Cocoon.  Babeldoc does not propagate XML events through the pipeline,
it propagates PipelineDocuments.  This is signicant as Babeldoc can process non-XML and, indeed,
binary data.

I was wondering if there is an interest in my developing a Cocoon component to feed Babeldoc
pipelines.  Babeldoc is licensed under the APL and links to non-viral libraries/code.

Anyway, thanks for you time.

regards,
bruce.