cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Xalan-Transformer adds no tags
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:11:02 GMT
On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 11:08, Ariane Ibig, Infonic AG wrote:
> Hi all
> I have a problem with the use of svg's in my Cocoon.
> I use Fins to derive charts from JFreechart and display it in Cocoon.
> But when I use svg's the transformer doesn't add the svg tags.
> I tried it with cocoon 2.0.4 an it worked, but with cocoon 2.1.dev it didn't
> worked.
>
> I have this pipeline:
> <map:match name="wildcard" pattern="chart-minimal.svg">
> 	<map:generate type="file"
> src="fins-samples/documents/charts/minimal.xml"/>
> 	<map:transform type="chart"/>
> 	<map:serialize type="svgxml"/>
> </map:match>
>
> When I call it, there is this error in the browser
> "whitespace not aloud at this place" (place "here")
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <
> "here"xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:chart="http://ipzs.it/chart"
> fill-opacity="1" color-interpolation="auto" color-rendering="auto"
> text-rendering="auto" stroke="

<snip/>

> I don't think the problem lies within Fins, for when I use the svg2png or
> svg2jpeg transformer, I get a correct picture.

Unfortunately this doesn't prove anything.

Could you try putting a log transformer in your pipeline, like this:

<map:match name="wildcard" pattern="chart-minimal.svg">
	<map:generate type="file" src="fins-samples/documents/charts/minimal.xml"/>
	<map:transform type="chart"/>
        <map:transform type="log">
            <map:parameter name="logfile" value="out.txt"/>
        </map:transform>
	<map:serialize type="svgxml"/>
</map:match>

And then after executing your pipeline once, send the content of the
file out.txt (if its large, just send the first few lines, since it's
there where the error appears to be anyhow).