cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: xinclude - cinclude - map:aggregate ??
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:58:22 GMT
On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 14:50, Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Ooowwwwkay, looking at the wiki this does not seem possible (unless it's an
> undocumented feature). The src attribute of map:part does not seem to give
> access to the requestgenerator in some way or another

You could let the src attribute point to another cocoon pipeline (using
the cocoon:/ protocol) and that other pipeline can then contain the
request generator.

> I'll rephrase my problem then, maybe there is something more fundamental
> wrong with my logic.
>
> 1)I have an xml file
> 2)This xml file has placeholders that need to arbitrary replaced with
> request parameters. Eg invoking url myfile.xml?placeholder1=myvaluehere
> outputs the xml document with every occurrence of placeholder1 replaced with
> "myvaluehere".
> 3)unlimited amount of placeholders can be defined, this results in an
> arbitrary amount of requestparameters, hence I really need to be able query
> the requestobject and loop over them.

You could turn your xml file into, for example, an XSP (if you're using
Cocoon 2.0.x) or let it process by the JXTemplateGenerator (if you're
using Cocoon 2.1).