cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jay Freeman \(saurik\)" <sau...@saurik.com>
Subject Re: best browsers for viewing xml?
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:46:33 GMT
One such XSL/T comes with Cocoon: xml2html.xslt . I believe it even supports
+/- expansion, although I remember there being something wrong with it...
like it didn't support namespaces correctly or something and just stripped
them from the output. I'm not quite sure, have only played with it a little.

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik@saurik.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conal Tuohy" <Conal.Tuohy@vuw.ac.nz>
To: <users@cocoon.apache.org>; <ssukumar@ecologyfund.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 6:44 PM
Subject: RE: best browsers for viewing xml?

Sonny Sukumar wrote:

> I'd like a browser that
> can show an XML
> document in tree form--preferably clickable.

Consider using an XSLT in Cocoon to transform the XML to an HTML
representation of the XML. I have seen some stylesheets for doing this but
I'm not sure where ... it would be easy to write in any case. Then you can
view it in whatever browser you like.

e.g. something like:

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="*">
<xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
&gt;</p>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="@*">
<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>="<xsl:value-of select="."/>"
</xsl:template>