cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Boris Althaus" <bo...@petra-productions.de>
Subject Re: Accessing InitParameters from web.xml with xsp
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:08:51 GMT
Hello Geoff,

something like this didn't worked:
<xsp:expr>context.getInitParameter("logkit-config")</xsp:expr>.

There is no output and no error.
Do I need one of the HelperClasses?

Month ago I saw a code snippet but i can't find it anymore.

Boris
----- Original Message -----

  From: Geoff Howard
  To: users@cocoon.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 2:11 AM
  Subject: Re: Accessing InitParameters from web.xml with xsp

  Boris Althaus wrote:
  > Hello,
  >
  > can somebody tell me, how I can access the InitParameters in the web.xml
  > within a xsp-page?
  >
  > Thanks Boris

  See http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSPEnvironment

  the member variable "context" is defined for you in the finished class
  before the xsp begins to generate.  It should be a subclass of
  org.apache.cocoon.environment.Context - so from the javadocs you can see
    that context.getInitParameter(String nameOfParam) should do the trick.

  Geoff